Portraits of Ordinary Objects

Due to the coronavirus, photography class has gotten more challenging. We are stuck at home doing online classes and we do not have our cameras. Mr. Worrell came up with an alternative way to solve this dilemma. We now use our phones to take pictures! Whilst this is a challenge as I have an iPhone 6 (it's 6 years old), I still tried my best to take these photos. The goal of this assignment was to take portrait pictures but of ordinary objects instead of people.
In this image, I have a calculator that has many lines graphed, and it is on top of a notebook with math notes written in it. The background is there to show more of the math theme if not demonstrated by the calculator. In this image, I used many compositional tools such as lines and form. In snapseed, I used vintage 9 to blur out the top section of the page as it added some contrast to the picture. I made the glow setting 27 to add an aura around the calculator.

In this next image, I took a different approach. Instead of something inside my house, I went out into my backyard with a different object. In this image, I used an orange cone, and I buried it under some vines. This was done purposefully as the lines from the branches of a tree, and the vines go over the cone to add a compositional technique to it. I also used the rule of thirds in this image to enhance the quality of it. In snapseed, I darkened surrounding leaves to let the vibrant orange from the cone shine out from the bottom of the pile. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancer Field Trip

2 Photographers

Weston Challenge